Cambridgeshire and Peterborough is among the first areas in the country to set up a specific team to tackle the barriers to delivering a future proof digital connectivity infrastructure.
The new Enabling Digital Delivery (EDD) team will support plans for full fibre networks, next generation (5G) mobile, and improvements to mobile coverage across the region.
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority is funding the development of the team within the Connecting Cambridgeshire Programme, which is led by Cambridgeshire County Council. The EDD team is responsible for:
- Taking action at a local level to remove barriers to the rapid delivery of a digital connectivity infrastructure
- Enabling and encouraging investment in all aspects of digital connectivity across the region
- Finding ways to reduce delays and costs, simplify processes and encourage best practice
- Developing strategic relationships with providers and mobile network operators working across multiple public sector bodies and boundaries
- Providing a central contact point to facilitate and coordinate wayleaves, street works licences and planning, as well as making public sector assets available
- Working closely with the Government’s Barrier Busting Task Force to ensure local learning can be shared nationally, support national initiatives at a local level
To find out more, contact the EDD team 01223 703293, or email firstname.lastname@example.org