Put a SmartPanel in your Pocket
Using the same data as the SmartPanel screens a pocket version of the SmartPanel is now available to access directly on your smartphone.
Free to download from smartcambridge.org/p a Pocket SmartPanel uses real-time local information to accurately predict bus and train arrival times.
It shows live weather forecasts plus real-time and timetabled travel information about when the next bus or train will be arriving at your chosen stop or station to help you plan your journey on the go.
Pocket SmartPanels currently display:
- Live and upcoming bus times from your chosen stop – shown with either a live Wifi or timetable symbol next to them, and as icons on a map to show you where the bus is in real-time
- Live and upcoming train departure times from specific stations – showing whether they are on time or delayed.
- Three-day weather forecasts.
You choose what information your Pocket SmartPanel shows, making it bespoke to you. Select your bus stop and the map view will display the position of buses in real-time so you can ‘see’ the buses approaching the stop. Check whether rain is forecast and if the trains are running on time.
All this – on your phone, in your pocket or in your bag, and on the go.
Why not give the new Pocket SmartPanel a try and tell us what you think!
Watch our short video to find out more:
To download the Pocket SmartPanel to your phone:
- Open the browser on your phone…
- Go to: https://smartcambridge.org/p
- Accept the terms and conditions, and add the page to your phone’s ‘Homescreen’ for speedy access next time
- The page will automatically display Cambridge weather and Cambridge rail station train times. Use the + symbol (top right) to choose and add bus stop timetables, train station timetables and weather for locations of your choice.
- You can remove pages by tapping the menu button (three lines, top left).
If you have any feedback, please use the ‘Send feedback’ option on the Pocket SmartPanel menu, to let us know your opinion or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a suggestion or want to inform us about a problem, don’t forget to tell us which bus stop, what time, which route and which bus service provider (e.g. Stagecoach/Whippet) you want to feedback information about.