A pocket version of the SmartPanel screens is now available to access on your smartphone – it shows live weather forecasts plus real-time and timetabled travel information about when the next bus or train will be arriving at your chosen stop or station.
Put a SmartPanel in your Pocket
Using the same data as the SmartPanels, Pocket SmartPanel uses real-time local information to accurately predict bus and train arrival times.
Free to download, Pocket SmartPanel helps you plan your journeys around the city and beyond, before leaving the office or on the go, by showing you when the next buses or trains are arriving.
Pocket SmartPanels currently display:
- Bus times from your chosen stop – shown with either a live Wifi or timetable symbol next to them, and as icons on a map to show you where the bus is in real-time
- Train departure times from specific stations, whether they are on time or delayed
- and three-day weather forecasts
This means you can check the live status of the next bus, whether rain is forecast and find out if the trains are running on time all via a bespoke Pocket SmartPanel on your phone.
Choose your bus stop, and if you look on the map view it will also display the position of buses in real-time so you can ‘see’ the buses approaching the stop.
All this – on your phone, in your pocket, in your bag, from your desk and on the go.
Why not give the new Pocket SmartPanel a try and tell us what you think!
Watch our short video to find out more:
To download the Pocket SmartPanel to your phone:
- Open the browser…
- Type in: https://smartcambridge.org/p
- Add the page to your phone’s ‘Homescreen’ and accept the terms and conditions.
- The page will automatically display Cambridge weather and Cambridge Train times. Use the + symbol (top right) to choose and add bus timetables, train timetable or weather for locations of your choice.
- You can remove pages by tapping the menu button (three lines, top left).
If you have any feedback, please use the ‘Send feedback’ option on the Pocket SmaertPanel menu, to let us know your opinion, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a suggestion or want to inform us about a problem, don’t forget to tell us which bus stop, what time, which route and which bus service provider (e.g. Stagecoach/Whippet etc) you want to feedback information about.