What can I do with faster broadband?
The Internet has become an essential part of everyday life for many people. Here are some of the ways that faster broadband speeds can help make our lives easier, more rewarding and save us money:
- Save time and money – shop for best deals, buy and sell, order groceries, pay your bills online and find the services you need
- Keep everyone entertained – catch up on TV, download films, play online games and upload photos – all at the same time
- Learn new skills – get online, do your homework, find the right training or take up a new hobby
- Find jobs and services – apply for jobs online and cut travel costs by working from home
- Stay in touch – message friends and family, upload photos and chat for free wherever you are
- Keep well – get health advice and help to live independently for longer
- Broaden your mind – reserve library books and research online, download books, films and music
- Play your part in local democracy by reporting problems, raising community issues, commenting on local plans and policies and voting online.